Carbon Monoxide (CO) is difficult to detect-you cannot see it, smell it or taste it. You could be exposed to it right now without knowing. Carbon Monoxide is produced by incomplete combustion of fossil fuels: oil, coal, open fires, solid fuel appliances and gas burners. It can also occur in winter when cars are warmed up in poorly ventilated garages. A dangerous amount of carbon monoxide can accumulate due to poor installation, poor maintainance or damage to an appliance. It can also happen when rooms are poorly ventilated and there is nowhere for the emmissions to escape. The best way to protect yourself from carbon monoxide is to install an alarm that gives you both audible and visual warning immediately when there is a build up of CO gas. At a minimum we recommend that every home with a fuel burning appliance be equipped with a carbon dioxide detector in the bedrooms.
Smoke alarms are another extremely important addition to the safety of your home and family. Smoke inhalation while you are sleeping ia a major cause of death in house fires. This could easily be prevented by the installation of interconnected smoke alarms on each floor of your dwelling. Most smoke alarms have a life span of around five years. It is recommended that the batteries are changed annually and the alarms are tested each month. If you are unsure of how old the batteries are , then as a precaution replace them.
We offer combination interconnected smoke/carbon monoxide package which can be customized for your home. Contact us and have a licensed electrician install your alarms.